- The sun rises just before 8am now, so when I’m waiting for the bus to head into Copenhagen for my 8:30am class I get to watch the sunrise from the (cold) bus stop!
- Quite a few people in my apartment were traveling this weekend, so the few of us that stayed here for the weekend decided to have a movie night—complete with homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches! I finally convinced my apartment-mates to watch arguably my favorite movie and one of the top five rom-coms of our generation, New in Town.
- This is my view on my walk to my school buildings from the bus stop. It seems pretty normal now but every so often I look up and still have to pinch myself that this is real and not some crazy dream I’ve been stuck in for the last three months.
- My Cold War spies class had a field study on Wednesday to a surveillance room that happens to be under the Carlsberg brewery. As my professor said, “Spies and beer, what could be better?” (Our field study was at 9am on a Wednesday morning)
- I’m trying to be super productive (we all know how that normally ends) and get a head start on all my papers. I have five papers due between now and the end of the semester and we still have Thanksgiving Break stuck in the middle of that! Yesterday after classes I walked to my favorite study spot in the city: the Black Diamond Library! It’s no ZSR, but the view isn’t too bad 🙂
PS- sorry for being completely non-existent on the blog this week, I promise I’m still alive and well and in Copenhagen!!! I’ve tried to come up with an excuse for why I didn’t write anything this week and honestly I don’t really have one. Next week’s Friday Five will be another delayed one (the last delayed one, I promise) buuttttttt it’s for a super exciting reason: I’m going to the arctic!!! I’m going on one of the optional DIScovery trips that DIS runs, this one up to northern Sweden above the Arctic Circle and I couldn’t be more pumped. Stay tuned over the next few weeks to hear all about it!